chud575

Constant hanging and "Loading..."

4 posts in this topic

Hi there,

So I downloaded Plastic to work with Unity and i really like it, but we're having some problems with cloud sync.

1. There's no way to check on the cloud what's actually up there.  Example: I've pushed 4 change sets, but he only sees 3.  There's no way to go to the cloud and verify that my push was successful, i have to use the plastic software, which simply says "up to date"

2. Very often the upload simply gets stuck.  The progress bar will be stuck at any range of numbers from 0%-99% and never move again, regardless of how much time goes by.  There's no other way to see whats going on

3. Very often checking the sync to cloud tab, and opening the remote host, it simply says "Loading..." and never refreshes, and i am unable to do anything at that point because i obviously cannot update until its done loading, but it never finishes.

What if anything can i do about all this?

Hello Chud,

I'm wondering if you chose a very far away storage for the Plastic Cloud, can you contact us at support at codicesoftware dot com?

We can check the issues you are facing.

After cutting my initial check in into 1gb chunks, everything worked fine.  Probably just overloaded it with too big a package.  However I will say again that the mac version seems to be slightly ignored vs the windows version, which has a very nice upload/download window

and I chose the closest server possible.  the speed has been quite good since the original email

Hi Chud,

ok, happy to know your data is finally uploaded, how is the performance going on lately? If you notice something wrong please let us know it!

30 minutes ago, chud575 said:

However I will say again that the mac version seems to be slightly ignored vs the windows version, which has a very nice upload/download window

We are constantly improving and adding new features for both the MacPlastic and GtkPlastic apps, they are not having all the windows features since we are focusing on the most important ones.