Johan Ung

Assertion failed when running GitSync

16 posts in this topic

Hi,

ran into a problem when trying to migrate a SVN repository to Plastic (going via Git). I'm using SCM-Manager (v 1.54) to host Git the git repository, no errors in console output there.

I get an Assertion failed according to the attached image.

Attached error from windows event viewer and server logs as well.

Any suggestions of things I should try?

Plastic SCM version 6.0.16.1271

Best Regards,

Johan

plastic-assert.png

plastic.debug.log.txt

plastic.relevant.log.txt

plastic.channelcall.log.txt

win-event-error.txt

Tried it again and it took longer for it to fail, this time no assertion but an error saying "The operation has timed out".

I get "Receiving references... OK", percentage increases and then error.

Hi manu,

I actually tried the fast-export way first but had some issues with filenames containing none-ascii characters (åäö). Found some old posts about similar issues on the forum but didn't find any way of working around it. I guess renaming the files won't help since they still have a bad name in history?

Found a way to get fast-export/import working (convert octal utf8 to hex in fast-export:ed file), thanks.

Gah.. next problem =)

After processing 180 changesets I get an error (according to attached file). Any ideas?

My fast-export:ed file is ~427GB so I haven't been able to open it yet and try to see if anything looks suspicious.

BR,

Johan

fast-import-error.txt

Tried to remove the failing file/commit from history (in Git using BFG), still get an error in Plastic fast import after 180 processed changesets.

Same error as before?

If you create for us a git no-data fast-export file we can check if we can find the error.

Yup same error.

I revisited the GitSync option and tried to get that working instead, cloning a bare repo and trying to avoid delta packing I was able to get another error (attached image). Now it's time to confess, I missed a very obvious thing that at least caused this last error. Out of disk.

So, freeing up some disk space and running GitSync again I'm all the way to 99% when it fails due to "An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host", so I guess that git-daemon closed the socket. I'm trying yet again with ScmManager as the Git sever instead, bare repo and enough free disk space. Fingers crossed.

Looks like the temp file that fills up disk space is created by the git lib you use, files are created similar to this location: C:\Users\johan.ung\AppData\Local\Temp\c5453f4d-3c0f-4528-bc64-ac19c3629af8\pack_git2_a13552. Maybe something to investigate if the size of this temp file could be reduced during GitSync in the future.

(If this fails again I'll try to get you a no-data export file as well)

BR,

Johan

new-gitsync-error.PNG

Thanks for all the info, keep us posted with the last attempt result.

Tried another repo and got this error

another-one.PNG

Edit: Hmm, never mind, got an error on the Git server side that probably was the root cause.

:( Is there a way for you to fast-export the repositories without data and send it to us? We'll try to debug it.

The libgit2 library error is scary and will be harder to fix.