CadmusLabs

New directories and files are ignored

Heyo.

I don't know what happened to my workspace, but all my dirs and files are ignored by default and I need manually unignore them to make them visible in the tree.

For example, I added dir with the path

/Project/Assets/Resources/Graphic/Common/Sprites/Portraits

There is nothing in the ignore file that makes me suppose that this dir will be ignored

*.sln
*.csproj
*.db
*.suo
*.sln
*.csproj
*.blend
*.max
*.bmp
*(Auto-Backup)*
/Project/.vs
/Project/Library
/Project/EditorTempState.sav
/Project/UnityPackageManager
/Project/ProjectSettings/EditorBuildSettings.asset
!ProjectVersion.txt
/Project/Temp
!*.tga
!*.sav
!/Project/Assets/Content/Story/QuestScripting

Until I add the path to the ignore config as !/Project/Assets/Resources/Graphic/Common/Sprites/Portraits I can't see it in the tree and add to source control.

Please enlight me what I'm doing wrong. Thanks.

Plastic SCM - slava@darkcrystalgames.com (Administrator) - Differences between _ignore.conf#cs_119@br__main slava@darkcrystalgames.com and _ignore.conf#cs_119@br__main slava@darkcrystalgames.com Workspace Revision 2018-04-03 15.57.40.png

Hi @CadmusLabs,

I've been trying to reproduce the issue with the same rules you have and I'm not able to get the entire workspace (new content) as ignore.

If I add an * I'll get it but not with your rules :(

I'm wondering if you are having a global configuration that might be affecting as well, do you use the Plastic SCM Global configuration? -> https://www.plasticscm.com/documentation/administration/plastic-scm-version-control-administrator-guide.shtml#Globalfileconfiguration

The global config will be stored at your "C:\Users\<YourUser>\AppData\Local\plastic4\globalconfig" local path.

14 minutes ago, manu said:

Hi @CadmusLabs,

I've been trying to reproduce the issue with the same rules you have and I'm not able to get the entire workspace (new content) as ignore.

If I add an * I'll get it but not with your rules :(

I'm wondering if you are having a global configuration that might be affecting as well, do you use the Plastic SCM Global configuration? -> https://www.plasticscm.com/documentation/administration/plastic-scm-version-control-administrator-guide.shtml#Globalfileconfiguration

The global config will be stored at your "C:\Users\<YourUser>\AppData\Local\plastic4\globalconfig" local path.

Yes, this is what happened. How it happened though? 

The global configuration files are downloaded on every GUI startup so maybe someone added it recently?

23 hours ago, manu said:

The global configuration files are downloaded on every GUI startup so maybe someone added it recently?

Where is it downloaded from? Does not look like it is part of workspace data itself. I don't remember ever touching it.

1 hour ago, CadmusLabs said:

Where is it downloaded from? Does not look like it is part of workspace data itself. I don't remember ever touching it.

It's downloaded from the Plastic SCM Global configuration repository, the documentation will have more info about it: https://www.plasticscm.com/documentation/administration/plastic-scm-version-control-administrator-guide.shtml#Globalfileconfiguration

The global repository is called: plastic-global-config , it will contain several configuration files that are downloaded to the clients in order to apply a common configuration at once.