heshuimu

PlasticSCM on macOS shows a blank screen at launch randomly

I have had this issue before build 2613 and I thought it was caused by incompatibility with Mojave. I used the new version and it still not going away.

This issues goes away seldomly between startups. I could not find a consistent trigger. 

Hi heshuimu,

I'm really sorry about this inconvenience. We detected this a few days back and we're working on it at the moment. As a workaround, you can run the PlasticSCM executable directly from a Terminal instead of double-clicking the app. Execute this at a terminal:

/Applications/PlasticSCM.app/Contents/MacOS/PlasticSCM

The GUI still doesn't support the Dark Theme, but this workaround will get you working if you turn on the Light Theme.

We'll release a fix as soon as possible!

Regards,

Miguel

On 9/26/2018 at 1:34 AM, mig said:

Hi heshuimu,

I'm really sorry about this inconvenience. We detected this a few days back and we're working on it at the moment. As a workaround, you can run the PlasticSCM executable directly from a Terminal instead of double-clicking the app. Execute this at a terminal:

/Applications/PlasticSCM.app/Contents/MacOS/PlasticSCM

The GUI still doesn't support the Dark Theme, but this workaround will get you working if you turn on the Light Theme.

We'll release a fix as soon as possible!

Regards,

Miguel

Thanks for your reply. Launching the executable from terminal indeed made the Ui functional. However, at the time I discovered the issue, I was already using light theme on Mojave.