Fleer

ProjectSettings always being marked as Changed

Hi there!

I'm just having a minor, recurring issue with my Unity scenes and Plastic.
The ProjectSettings\ProjectSettings.asset file is always being marked as Changed, and appears with a black tick next to it in Gluon, whenever I open and close a Unity project.
Then when I diff the workspace contents, I get told the Files are identical (even with the Comparison Method as Recognize all), so I am constantly Undo'ing this file to avoid needless commits.

Any suggestions on something I may have incorrectly set?

Cheers

Hi @Fleer,

Unity is probably just changing the time stamp of the file but its content remains unchanged.

I recommend you to use the following preference. Open the pending changes view, click options.

image.png

Enable the "Check the content to determine files as changed, not only timestamp." option.

image.png

This will vary the way a file is recognized as changed. The option explanation can't say it better :)

Hope it helps!

Thanks Manu! That makes a lot of sense.

A couple of follow up questions:

- Does changing this setting propagate to Gluon?

- Is there a way to set this as a global-config setting so that all users share the setting?

Cheers

I've dug around a bit, and noticed that this setting appears to be located in the client.config file, which doesn't appear to be globally set-able.

Is there a plan to include more global config files? This setting in particular has led to a bit of 'noise' within our commit history, and it would be good to set it for all clients.

Just to follow up on this question again,

It appears that changing this setting within Plastic SCM did not affect the Gluon client, so my issue still persists.

Hi,

I've been running some tests and this setting is affecting both Plastic GUI and Gluon. Just remember to re-open the GUIs when editing it. You can also manually edit the "client.conf"

<CheckFileContentForChanged>no</CheckFileContentForChanged>

Regards,

Carlos.

Hi Carlos,

Thanks for the reply. I'll keep an eye on our files to see if I notice any other weirdness then ?

In regards to my second question, are there plans to be able to globally configure the client.conf file?

Cheers

Hi again,

I've experienced some weirdness again!
I have a ProjectSettings.asset file that is appearing in my changelist, but is identical to its predecessor.
http://content.invisioncic.com/r155069/monthly_2018_11/image.png.496ebae7f18ac932683134b2fe1ef0d4.png

I've checked my client.conf file in my AppData and can see the following setting:

<CheckFileContentForChanged>yes</CheckFileContentForChanged>

I also double checked the comparison type as Recognize All just in case there were different line endings etc.

I'm probably going to have to move on and lose the current state of my work pretty soon, but let me know what extra details I can provide to assist in repro.

image.png

Hi,

Refreshing the "Pending changes" view doesn't help?

Checking the "Preferences" panel, is the "Check for file content..." actually enabled? After changing this setting, you need to re-open the Plastic GUI.

Regards,

Carlos.

Hi Carlos,

Refreshing did not help (just a reminder that I'm experiencing this with mainly Gluon usage). I would undo changes, and during the day the file would constantly re-appear in the pending changes (I couldn't work out what I was doing in Unity to trigger it).

And yes, the preferences panel in Plastic GUI shows it enabled. And I am constantly closing and opening the GUIs
image.thumb.png.fa0afaa398f72f52dd13555133b7c6c8.png

Cheers

Paul

Could you include the following setting in your "C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\plastic4\client.conf" file?

<CheckRevisionMetadataSize>no</CheckRevisionMetadataSize>

FInally, restart the Plastic GUI and check if the file still appears as changed.

Regards,

Carlos.

Hi Carlos,

Thanks for the reply.

Unfortunately the problem seems to be intermittent; I had to undo the changes for a couple of days, but now the file no longer appears as changed.
Would you prefer I added the setting and see if it reoccurred, or wait until it reoccurs and then add the setting?

Cheers

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.