Adam

Some files don't update

Hi, Gluon noob here. Occasionally when passing files around one won't download when updating workspace. We have to go to configure - the file is checked, but green - then hit apply and the file downloads. The parent folder is completely checked so I'm not sure what's going on.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Adam

greenFile01.png

Hi,

What is your Gluon version? Are you moving files to different folders or could you clarify the details to reproduce the issue?

Regards,

Carlos.

The Gluon interface is so lean I'm not even sure where to find the version info :/

But the situation was that an artist I was working with created a new file and checked it in. I hit 'update workspace' on my machine but the file didn't show up. So I went to 'configure', navigated to the folder and saw the file as shown in the image attached to my original post, green checkmark and text. Without changing anything, I hit 'apply' and the file downloaded.

This doesn't happen very often and I haven't been able to determine what we're doing differently on the occasions when it does occur. So I assumed the green highlight meant something, but wasn't able to find anything specific in the documentation.

Hi,

- You can open a console and run "cm version".

- Is the parent folder fully checked or the whole workspace content fully checked?

- The next time it happens, it would be great to focus on the unchecked file and review the last changes: if it was moved by your coworker, renamed...

- I guess you are not using this workspace with the regular Plastic GUI, right?

- There is a command line option that you may find useful to know:

[New]
Gluon UI: The option '--restorefulldirs' was added to the 'partial configure' command. This option allows resetting the directory configuration in partial workspaces.

Check 'cm partial configure --help' for more info.

Regards,

Carlos.

FYI, this also happens to us from time to time, we have to uncheck / recheck the root directory and hit apply in the configure window to fix it. We don't have any repro yet unfortunately, but we'll review the files status next time.

Ok, the next time it happens please consider the previous questions that should help us to debug the problem.

Regards,

Carlos.